Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Steeeriiiiiike Twoooooo!

Well, need I say more? I knew it was a long shot with my one lonely follicle (ugh), and my lazy lining of 6 (double ugh) but still, I had hope. And, when I awoke this morning with slightly sore bbs, I thought, "Hey! Maybe it did work!" So, I tested. Nope. Nary a second line in sight. White alabaster pee stick.

Unfortunately, we can't afford to do any more treatments for a while. I'm not sure when we'll be able to start again, so for now it's just us.

I didn't think I would take it so hard this time if it didn't work, but I'll admit my heart is aching and I feel sick to my stomach. And I turn 36 next month. Triple Ugh.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my back. I am doing much better---it just took a couple of days with the Icyhot patches and the heating pad.

10 comments:

elizabeth said...

Sorry about the negative..I had one today, too. It is possible, isn't it, that it's still a little early? I will hope for you, anyway.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry.

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry... that sucks. And I'm REALLY sorry that you're going to have to put things on hold for awhile. I imagine that's gotta be like a blow to the gut.

I'm thinking of you...

Meghan said...

I'm sorry about the negative. Nothing worse than that white as snow screen staring back at you. Like Elizabeth said, any chance you're just testing early?

Kami said...

It seems it is always hard as much as you tell yourself you don't care that much.

Nadine said...

Sorry about the negative.

singletracey said...

blah.. sorry ...when we meet up.. I think wine is on the menu!

Ms Heathen said...

I'm so sorry.

Maria said...

I'm so sorry about the negative. I hope you are able to try again soon. I know how hard it can be when your close to hitting a milestone.

Portia P said...

I'm sorry about your negative test. I really am. I know just how it feels.