Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Out, Out, Damned Teeth!

Oh, poor baby. Oh, poor Mommy. Mister and I awoke last night at 3:30 to the sound of shrill, ear-piercing cries. Baby Boy neeeever cries like this. He is such a mellow guy. So, you know he is reeeaaally upset/in pain when something like this happens. This poor kid is getting his MOLARS (already! at six months!) and this is just more than he can handle at this moment. Ugh. Long story short, I was awake with him until about 5:30 a.m.. He wouldn't fall asleep anywhere but lying on my chest. Finally, fiiiinally, he was able to go in his crib after he had fallen asleep with me on the couch. Poor guy was pretty cranky today as well. Needless to say, so am I.

There is no doubt that I am his Mommy though--when he was in the throes of his painful cries, guess who was crying too? That's right. His mommy. It just hurt me so much to see him in such distress. I felt like my heart would break.

God, I love that boy.

Now, get on with it, molars! And stop torturing my son!!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Awww..poor little guy. I hope he doesn't have to go through this for very long.