Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quick Update

Surgery went well! I am feeling pretty good. I'm not even having to take any pain meds today. Just need to keep sort of still. I was pretty groggy when the doctor spoke to me after the surgery, so I may have missed a thing or two, but he also spoke to Mister. So the info I have is that he didn't find a lot of endo but they did remove what they did find, which was mostly on my ovaries. He also removed a cyst from one of my ovaries. They did another HSG (so happy to be asleep for it this time!) and one of my tubes was blocked, but he was able to flush it out, I guess. Ute looked good--no scar tissue from my D&C so that is reassuring. 

It was a little hard being back at the same hospital where I had my D&C but luckily, they have a brand new outpatient surgery center, so I was actually in another building and did not find myself in a miserable dej'a vu

I have a follow up appointment scheduled with Dr. Wonderful, so I'm sure I'll get the replay then. 

Thank you to everyone who sent me well-wishes, and thanks a million to all the folks who sent me information and advice about the thyroid stuff. Once again, I am amazed and grateful for this wonderful, supportive community! 

4 comments:

Just me said...

That all sounds positive! Yay! Glad it went well and you're feeling well. :)

Tracy said...

Glad you are doing well...I've been wondering about you, even when I haven't been able to comment.

BTW, I went private. If you want to continue reading, just shoot me an email at tvo1991atcharterdotnet.

xo

Peeveme said...

I'm glad it wasn't too awful. Also, very interesting comments to your last post. Looks like you have a bit of homework to do huh?

Kami said...

Sounds like things are going well.

How did you know I was getting caught up on your blog?! Was it just coincidence?

Sorry about that encounter with the 2 kids lady. I don't think I will ever get over the US and THEM way of thinking.