Monday, March 17, 2008

Warning: Boring Post Ahead.

I guess Mondays are the only days I get to post these days. Especially when my husband steals my lap top all weekend! The poor man had his lap top completely crash at the end of the day Friday, and he was supposed to spend all weekend working on his resume. Which he did. On my computer. He got his computer back today from the repair guy, but they weren't able to recover much data. Ack. He didn't need this right now. Ah well...

So Mister is applying for a bunch of jobs already. For reasons I can't really get into (ahem, grrr....jerko business partner) my husband will be making his "exit" from the business sooner than he had originally planned. It's complicated. But, the good thing about it is that he can start looking for work now. And there are a few opportunities out there right now that he is trying to jump on.

But it's scary. One of the jobs is in a city quite far from us. If he got this job, we would have to eventually move. He could do the commute for a while but not forever. I know I'm putting the cart before the horse, but I've spent a solid 5 years establishing myself as one of the "best" floral designers in a certain region. If we moved to another region, I'd have to start all over again somewhere else. I dunno. I'm trying to stay calm.

In other news, we had a little birthday party for Baby Boy on Saturday out at grandma and grandpa's house (Mister's parents). BB's birthday is actually this coming Thursday, but next weekend won't work for a party because 1. I have an event on Saturday, and 2. Sunday is Easter.
The party was so nice, and we had a great time, despite the fact that BB had the runs all day. Poor kid. He seems to have picked up another stomach bug. He's still sick today and I don't know what I'm gonna do if I can't bring him to daycare tomorrow. I have SO much work to do! As usual, I'm feeling overwhelmed. And, with my husband being virtually GONE during the week, (in to work v. early, back v. late) I'm feeling strained. The house is a DISASTER. Ah, well. (Deep breath). This too shall pass. My husband keeps reminding me that once he gets a new, better paying job, we can finally afford a house cleaner. That will be awesome. A huge load off of me. Running a business, taking care of a child, and running the household are more than I can handle most days. I am amazed by all those women out there that do it all. Well, I do it all, I just don't do it all well simultaneously.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think it's very few women who do it all well...all you can do is your best. Breath.

Glad you had a good b-day celebration for BB, but bummer about the runs. Blech.