Monday, November 12, 2007
Fertility and procreation, obviously, are not my strong-suits.
But, I have let that rule how I have felt about myself entirely--for too long. When I think about myself, it's all I think about. When I look at myself it is all that I see.
It's time for the evil reign of Infertility to loosen its grip on me.
I have many other gifts. And, have had many other accomplishments in my life (other than bearing children). Here is what I am able to come up with right now. I hope to keep adding to the list.
- I have a way with animals. Don't know why or how exactly, but they seem to be at ease around me.
- I have a beautiful singing voice. (IMHO)
- I'm a pretty darn good cook. (When I feel like it).
- I am a very talented floral designer. I have made hundreds of Brides (among other people) very happy, as a result of my talent. Also, my work has been featured on two wedding-related cable tv shows, and in probably 10 or more magazines.
- I make a mean cocktail.
- I have a quick, and sometimes kooky, sense of humor. I can make people laugh.
- For some reason, my son's birth-mother saw some quality in me (and Mister) that she thought was unique and special and good and real enough to entrust the life of her child--FOREVER--to us.
- I think I am doing a pretty darn good job (so far) of being a mom. I'd like to think so, at least.
So, fertility aside, I've got some pretty good abilities, wouldn't you say? You could even say I've been blessed.
Now, if I can just convince myself of that on a daily basis!
Posted by Frenchie